Sunday, January 12, 2014

The start of things



Hi, my name is Twicella, and this is my story.  Well, my story from when things really started to count.  You see, I'm a female Twi'lek.  The picture above kind of shows off what my people look like.  That's not me, that's a Twi'lek named Vette.  I'll have to work on seeing if I can get some vids of myself to add to my blog, but that picture at least give you sort of an idea what I look like.  As a female Twi'lek I was born a slave.  I was brought up as an "entertainer" and taught how to dance, sing, and generally seduce males of all species.  I dreaded the day when I would have to maybe do more than dance and sing.  Before that happened though, a freighter captain happened along and was gambling with my master.  This captain had an extraordinary run of luck and ended up winning me in a high stakes game.  I was sent aboard the freighter captain's ship and told to wait for him to return and claim his new prize.  To tell the truth, I was frightened out of my mind.  This captain was a human.  I had no idea what was going to become of me.

To make a long story short, the Captain's name was Remo Stout.  It turns out Remo was one of the nicest beings I've ever met and treated me with more respect than I had ever known in my entire life.  He became like a father to me.  Remo taught me to fly a starship and together we traveled around the galaxy trading all kinds of things.  Sadly, Remo one day had a run in with a few pirates and was killed.  All I had left of him was our freighter.

Out on my own for the first time I took a job delivering some weapons and things to a horrible little system called "Ord Mantell" or something like that.  I don't even know if I spelled that right.  It's a dirty little planet that's fighting a war with some "separatists".  I didn't want to get involved, but somehow I ended up sucked into everything and some jerk named Skavak stole my freighter and all the freight on board!

I did what I could to find this Skavak jerk and ended up with a new partner named Corso Riggs.  Corso's a nice guy and we've been getting along pretty well while trying to track down the rat who stole my ship.  Frankly, I'm glad to have the company.  And he's not bad with a blaster, either!  After finally getting off of Ord Mantell, Skavak's trail led us to the Coruscant system.  I guess this could be a nice place, but I'm more interested in getting my ship back than seeing the sites.

So for now we're running around on Coruscant trying to get information.  At one point we came across this alien guy whining about how his mate had been kidnapped into slavery and was being forced to dance in a local club.  Just talking to this guy brought back memories of having to dance myself and so we went to rescue this poor girl.  Once we got to the club, Corso and I found out that the girl hadn't been kidnapped at all!  She was just tired of listening to her idiot boyfriend, or mate, or whatever whine all the time!  She actually wanted to dance in the club!  I left her there and said I would tell her mate that she was gone.  That wasn't the worst of things, though.

Being in the club was a horrible experience for me.  It brought out a lot of feelings and emotions and I'm not sure how I want to feel about them.  When we first walked in and I could hear the music, I felt excitement flood through me.  After talking to the supposedly kidnapped girl and finding out she was there because she wanted to be there, part of me wanted to dance again, too.  And I did.  I danced and smiled and felt safe and warm.  A few other Twi'lek women joined me and we danced together for a bit.  I could see Corso watching and a small part of me was happy that I was entertaining him.  

And for a little while it felt like I belonged there in the club.  Part of me wanted to be watched and lusted after as I danced and sang.  But after a bit I realized that's not what I really want.  I want my freedom.  I want my freighter back.  The public entertainer part of my life is over with now.  I need to find my ship.  So after dragging Corso out of the club we went back on the hunt for that rat Skavak.

But to be honest, I may go back for a bit once I get my ship back.  I realize that I do like to dance for others sometimes.  And I will again, but only when I want to this time.  And I'll be dancing as a free Twi'lek!

No comments:

Post a Comment