Monday, January 13, 2014

I need my ship!


Well, here we are on Coruscant.  We're still chasing that scumbag Skavak trying to get my ship back.  I need my ship.  It's more than just a huge mechanical thing to me, in a lot of ways it represents my freedom.  I wish Remo were here to tell me what to do.  I miss him so much!  Stupid pirates!  

Without my ship I've been falling back into some old habits and feelings.  Slave habits and feelings.  As far as I know I haven't shown any of this outwardly yet, but if I don't get my ship back it's only a matter of time.  One of the first things you learn as a slave, if you're smart, is to think before you speak.  The last thing you want to do is to offend your master or one of his guests and then have to face punishment for it.  Remo always told me that same thing too, think before you open your mouth.  So usually before I say anything, I stop and think about what's going on around me and who I'm talking to.  Well the other day Corso and I were talking and he asked me if I was ok.  He said I looked a bit depressed.  The first reply that came into my mind was to say "I'm fine, master".  Master.  Corso is my friend, not my master.  I caught myself before I said anything and eventually just said yes, leaving out the master part.  Without my ship I'm feeling so much more like a slave again.

Corso also likes the cantinas.  I like them too, but when we go in them now, I'm still feeling a lot of my old slave feelings.  I hear the music and want to start dancing.  But not dancing for myself, I feel like I should be dancing for the people around me.  I feel like I should be doing everything I can to make the people around me feel comfortable and happy.  I should be wanting to make myself happy, shouldn't I?  Don't I have the right to feel happy myself now?  I'm not a slave anymore!  I should have the right to want to do things for myself now, not just make life better for other people!

Forgetting all my bad feelings, Corso and I ran into this law enforcement officer alien guy named Miel.  Miel was also chasing Skavak for stealing this expensive gem.  Corso and I saved Miel from some bounty hunter idiot and he agreed to pass us any information he found out about Skavak.  It's nice to have friends to help you out when you really need it.  This next part really makes me feel bad.  I hope I can get this written down before I start to cry.

Corso and I finally caught up with Skavak.  He was down deep in this mechanical part of Coruscant and it turns out he was working with some Imperial military guys!  He was trying to sell them a fake copy of the gem he had stolen from Miel's planet!  We tried to put a stop to the deal and ended up having to fight and kill the Imperials, but Skavak got away again.  Before he left though, he shot Miel.  I knelt down there and held Miel's hand while he died.  There was nothing I could do.  It was so hard to just watch while a friend faded away like that, even if I hadn't known him for very long.  His last wish was for me to get Skavak for him and that's exactly what I'm going to do!  

We've finally tracked down my ship!  It's at the spaceport and we should find Skavak there, too.  We're going there right now to take care of that whomprat and get my ship back!  I hope things work out.  I don't want to fall back into being a slave again.  For better or worse, we're coming for you Skavak, and this time you won't escape!


No comments:

Post a Comment